Monday, March 16, 2009
01. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
-- Ronald Reagan (1986)
02. I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
-- Will Rogers
03. Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-- Pericles (430 B.C.)
04. No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session.
-- Mark Twain (1866)
05. Talk is cheap...except when Congress does it.
06. The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.
-- Ronald Reagan
07. The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery.
-- Winston Churchill
08. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.
-- Mark Twain
09. What this country needs are more unemployed politicians.
-- Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)
10. A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Posted by Bob at 7:18 AM