Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tanker Truck Pushes Car Along Motorway at 60 MPH

This is an amazing video of the car that was pushed sideways at 60 MPH with truck driver not realizing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr6ugVkUam8&annotation_id=annotation_388219&feature=iv

One moment, Rona Williams was driving along the motorway thinking about her forthcoming day at work.

The next, she was being shunted sideways at 60mph, trapped beneath the front bumper of a tanker whose driver did not even notice she was there.

Her terrifying ordeal was captured on film by a passenger in another car on the A1 near Leeds and has been viewed millions of times since it was posted on YouTube last week.

Mrs Williams had just joined the motorway ten minutes away from her surgery in Garforth when her car was apparently clipped by the lorry and ended up under its bumper. 'I just felt a knock and then I was travelling sideways – twisted 90 degrees clockwise,' she said.

Rona Williams: 'I just felt a knock and then I was travelling sideways'

She yanked on her handbrake, sounded her horn and flashed her hazard lights, but to no avail.

'I kept thinking, "Nobody knows I'm here. Nobody has seen me",' she said. 'I tried everything.

I was watching other cars, thinking, "Help me, just help me" – but they didn't seem to be doing very much.'

Terrified the lorry was going to ram her into the crash barrier, Mrs Williams grabbed her mobile phone from her handbag.

'I wasn't on hands-free, but I figured I wasn't really driving the car,' she said. 'I just screamed at the operator, "I'm going to die, I'm going to die! Can you do something?"

'She tried to calm me down but there wasn't really anything she could do at the end of the phone.'

Mercifully, almost a minute after her ordeal had begun, the lorry driver apparently spotted her.

'Suddenly he was all over the road,' she said. 'Finally he managed to maneuver us safely on to the hard shoulder.'

After she came to a stop she immediately phoned her husband Rob, 32 to tell him: 'You're not going to believe what's just happened.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1259610/My-nightmare-oblivious-60mph-tanker-driver-shunted-sideways-A1-minute.html#ixzz0jCFxQHjH


No comments: